Since a main goal of our site is to use non-identifiable data for research, we highly encourage members to stay on our site, even if they don’t interact with it often. This way we can use the data for current and future research.
- You can keep your data on the site for future research, but not get contacted
- Update your email preferences, or we can do that for you - your data will still contribute to research, but you don’t have to maintain your account.
- You can delete some data, but keep your account
- You can close your account
- Your account information and data will no longer be displayed on the site. We will keep your reported data and profile on the site’s servers, but not visible to the public — so you can re-open your profile in the future if you want to. To do this, please send a request via our 'contact us' page.
- You can delete your account
- The profile that’s associated with your data on the site will be permanently deleted on our back end. While, per Article 89 of the GDPR, we can still keep data prior to deletion for research purposes, this will mean that any remnants of your profile will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered in the event you would like re-open your account. You can, if you would like, create a new account from scratch if you decide to use the site later on.