Thanks for your interest in research at PatientsLikeMe! One of our main objectives is to accelerate the pace of medical research through the use of our unique platform. We are always interested to hear from patients, healthcare professionals, academic researchers, companies, and non-profit organizations about ideas they have for research. Our Research team is responsible for developing new features on the website, designing new communities, maintaining the quality of our data, and carrying out research work for our clients and collaborators. To help potential collaborators we have assembled responses to some frequently asked questions.
- What kind of research do you do and how do I get involved?
- How representative is your data and where does it come from?
- What are the strengths and limitations of data on PatientsLikeMe?
- Have you thought of doing research on the relationship between exposures and disease (e.g. chemical exposure, occupation, infection)?
- How is research a priority at PatientsLikeMe?
- What does it mean to have a Doctor or Researcher account at PatientsLikeMe?