You have the same access to your account on a mobile web browser as you do the desktop version of our website. Many of our Help Center articles concentrate on the desktop experience, but are easily transferable to a mobile browser. In order to provide this content on a smaller device screen, a few things had to be condensed, and we will go over the main differences here. Always feel free to contact us with any questions or feedback.
If you are using your phone's web browser (ex. Chrome or Safari) to visit PatientsLikeMe.com you can log in by tapping the Sign In button on the home page, or, on some smaller devices, in the menu on the right that looks like three bars:
Once you sign in, you will be able to navigate the site and manage your profile with the icons at the top of each page. They are highlighted in red below:
From left to right:
- The 'house' takes you to your homepage where you can scroll through and comment on other members updates and post one of your own.
- The 'speech bubbles' take you to our forums where you can ask questions and talk with patients like you.
- The 'envelope' will take you to your private messages.
- The 'bell' will show all other notifications you may have like reactions and comments on your posts.
- The 'heart' can be clicked to quickly access your, MonthlyMe or treatment check-ins.
- The ‘three bars' opens a menu that will help you manage your account.
When you tap the three bars button on the right, the main menu will open. This is where you can check out reports on Conditions, Treatments and Symptoms and track your own health data. You can also search other members by clicking ‘Patients’ and manage your account settings by clicking ‘Account.’ In addition, you can learn more About PatientsLikeMe and access Crisis resources if you are in need.
When you tap My Health, you’ll see the same menu options as the My health section of the desktop site.
From here, you can update your profile by clicking ‘About Me.' You can post a DailyMe and track other personal health data here too.
Questions? Feel free to contact us here.