Drug Safety activities are an important part of monitoring the use and effect of prescription and over the counter drugs. As part of the drug safety efforts at PatientsLikeMe, we collect, monitor, research, and evaluate information about the side-effects associated with medications used by our members. By sharing your adverse event experiences through a side effect survey, you help researchers, drug makers and, most importantly, patients like you. Data collected from certain side effect surveys and treatment evaluations are processed by our Drug Safety team and may be reported to manufacturers or regulators, such as the FDA.
Articles in this section
- What is an adverse event?
- What is Adverse Event Reporting?
- Why does the FDA need to hear from patients like you?
- What do I need to know about Adverse Event Reporting and Drug Safety on PatientsLikeMe?
- Is the information I provide through Adverse Event Reporting confidential?
- What is the connection between Adverse Event Reporting and my profile on PatientsLikeMe?
- Who is responsible for patient safety at PatientsLikeMe?
- Where does the patient safety team find drug safety information within the PatientsLikeMe Community?
- Would the Patient Safety Team ever contact me? If so, why?