While there is much information learned from clinical trials, they do not fully reflect the way a medical product is used in real life. Through the experiences of patients like you, manufacturers of drug and medical products can expand their understanding of a product's safety profile. In turn, manufacturers are required to inform regulators such as the FDA about these experiences. As we integrate Adverse Event Reporting across PatientsLikeMe, you will be able to help improve outcomes and safety for everyone using your particular treatment – a goal that’s at the core of the company's mission.
Articles in this section
- What is an adverse event?
- What is Adverse Event Reporting?
- Why does the FDA need to hear from patients like you?
- What do I need to know about Adverse Event Reporting and Drug Safety on PatientsLikeMe?
- Is the information I provide through Adverse Event Reporting confidential?
- What is the connection between Adverse Event Reporting and my profile on PatientsLikeMe?
- Who is responsible for patient safety at PatientsLikeMe?
- Where does the patient safety team find drug safety information within the PatientsLikeMe Community?
- Would the Patient Safety Team ever contact me? If so, why?