In 1999, Stephen Heywood was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) at the age of 29. Inspired by Stephen’s experiences with the disease, his brothers, Ben and Jamie, and long-time family friend, Jeff Cole, came up with the idea for a community of patients, doctors, and organizations that inspires, informs, and empowers individuals. The company launched its first beta community for ALS in March 2006.
Articles in this section
- Introduction to PatientsLikeMe
- What is PatientsLikeMe?
- Why was PatientsLikeMe founded?
- What are the company's core values?
- What is the future of healthcare in a PatientsLikeMe world?
- What conditions does PatientsLikeMe include?
- How does PatientsLikeMe make money?
- Does PatientsLikeMe sell my information?
- Does PatientsLikeMe have advertising?