The difference between a symptom and a condition is not always clear. We are always working to improve how symptoms and conditions are classified. For the purposes of this site, there are some conditions—e.g., kidney stones, obstructive sleep apnea, eczema—that are in the symptom category simply because the symptom functionality allows users to utilize the severity rating scale. For nerve entrapment pain, for example, you can use a rating scale for pain and monitor the progression over time. With the current site architecture, as a condition, these things would simply be listed on your profile.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between a condition and a symptom?
- How do I change a condition?
- Symptoms and side effects
- How do I add, edit, or delete a treatment?
- Why do you want me to share past treatments?
- What is a Community Treatment Report?
- How reliable is the information about symptoms and treatments?
- Why did I receive a message telling me that one of my symptom or side effects have been changed?