The difference between a symptom and a condition is not always clear. We are always working to improve how symptoms and conditions are classified. For the purposes of this site, there are some conditions—e.g., kidney stones, obstructive sleep apnea, eczema—that are in the symptom category simply because the symptom functionality allows users to utilize the severity rating scale. For nerve entrapment pain, for example, you can use a rating scale for pain and monitor the progression over time. With the current site architecture, as a condition, these things would simply be listed on your profile.
Articles in this section
- How do I use the Doctor Visit Guide on PatientsLikeMe.com?
- Blocking private messages and hiding posts on the main website
- What is the difference between a condition and a symptom?
- How do I change a condition?
- How do I add, edit, or delete a treatment?
- How do I evaluate my Treatments?
- Symptoms and side effects
- Why did I receive a message telling me that one of my symptom or side effects have been changed?