We follow the best practices in security (as per HIPAA Security Compliance). We use a respected, secure hosting provider for the site. which has signed a HIPAA compliance agreement and earned SAS Type II certification. We also use state of the art firewalls for our production servers, and our systems have been developed to prevent the most common security vulnerabilities. For secure browsing, we use 128-bit SSL encryption using Verisign certificates. Finally, when we do any testing and development work to the site, we use sanitized versions of the site, with all personally identification information stripped out.
Articles in this section
- What is PatientsLikeMe?
- What are the company's core values?
- What is Openness and what about Privacy?
- Why was PatientsLikeMe founded?
- How does PatientsLikeMe make money?
- Does PatientsLikeMe sell my information?
- Does PatientsLikeMe have advertising?
- Is sharing data on PatientsLikeMe safe?
- What safeguards does PatientsLikeMe have in place to secure data?